Being a Christian is not just for Sundays, and as a church, we believe that faith is to be lived out throughout our lives. We aim to provide opportunities for people to explore and develop their faith from ages 0 – 100.
For information about the support we offer to children and families, please visit our Youth page, but for adults we offer the following:
- Small groups. We encourage everyone to be part of one of Christchurch’s many Small groups which meet regularly in homes or in the church to read the Bible and pray together. The groups provide friendship, support, and encouragement as people share their experiences of living as a disciple in the world.
- Inspire. An Inspire fellowship band is a group of people who meet to help each other grow in the knowledge of God’s love and grace through using spiritual disciples and engaging in mission. Inspire bands form at Christchurch when three or four people come together to seek to develop their spiritual life in this way.
- Resource Library Equipped with a large selection of books, DVDs and CDs available for loan, the Christchurch Resource Library offers plenty of food for thought.
- Podcast Sermons The Sunday services are all recorded and are available either to download (sermon only) or on DVD from the Resource Library.
- Links with events and studies at neighbouring churches There is plenty on offer at Christchurch, but we support and encourage discipleship events at nearby churches too.
- Lent Study Each year Christchurch chooses a book or theme to study during Lent. During this time, the Sunday worship will also follow the chosen theme. Often the church joins in with the Lent series of ecumenical house groups led by Churches Together in Hitchin, fostering friendships across the denominations.
- Alpha Course If you would like to find out more about the Christian faith within a small group, why not try our Alpha Course?
- Messy Church If you would like to learn together as a family, you may enjoy our Messy Church
- Art Space. Provides a safe space to be creative. We are a friendly group of people who love to have a go at art and craft. We are welcoming, encouraging, and accepting of all who come, believing that Christ is amongst us. We run sessions in blocks on Wednesday afternoons.
- Badminton Club. This is a small group, which has been running since 1973. Social events are planned both inside and outside the church. All are welcome.
We have more active and creative ways of learning together too: